Dieses Forum wurde stillgelegt.
Bitte benutze die neue offizielle Seite unter www.germansmash.de

New here, don't speak german

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• New here, don't speak german

Hey, I recently moved to Germany because of work but I'm not actually proficient in german. I played Smash back in Sweden but not often with people, but now that I'm in Stuttgart which is a significantly bigger town I'd like to start playing with people. However I'm having trouble actually navigating the forum and finding information due to everything being in german.

To make things short, could someone help me with finding a group or local scene? Thank you in beforehand and I hope to become active here.
    • Good evening and welcome to Germany.

I'm confident that some local smashers of Baden-Württemberg (the German federal state of which Stuttgart is the capital of) will take note of this thread but I guess it won't hurt showing you the direction to the appropriate forums:

forum.germansmash.de/forumdisplay.php?24-Baden-W%FCrttemberg

Especially in Freiburg there are a lot of smashers ranging from quite skilled to some of the most knowledgeable smashers of Germany.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Mondschwein ()

• Bräx schrieb:

Good evening and welcome in Germany.

I'm confident that some local smashers of Baden-Württemberg (the German federal state of which Stuttgart is the capital of) will take note of this thread but I guess it won't hurt showing you the direction to the appropriate forums:

forum.germansmash.de/forumdisplay.php?24-Baden-W%FCrttemberg

Especially in Freiburg there are a lot of smashers ranging from quite skilled to some of the most knowledgeable smashers of Germany.

Thank you for the response. I'm glad to hear the scene is active here, I was a bit worried about that at first. Do you know who I can talk to for more information if there is like a weekly/bi-weekly local or something?
    • Stuttgart is a decent city to live in as a smasher, there are like 3 active smashers in Stuttgart itself, but in a 3h drive circle around it there are easily 150+ smashers. The most active cities around are Karlsruhe, Mannheim, Freiburg, Frankfurt and Würzburg. There aren't really any major weeklies, we usually just ask randomly if anyone got time, if we want to play. But there are monthlies in Germersheim and Freiburg.

Jag tycker om att tala svenska, men min svenska är inte mycket bra. Kom gärna till Würzburg (eller jag besöker dig) och lära mig några :FrankerZ:
    • Bräx schrieb:

It seems like the facebook-group is the best place for you to get what you want:

facebook.com/groups/411900475488459/

Thanks, joined that now.

FrozenLight1337 schrieb:

Stuttgart is a decent city to live in as a smasher, there are like 3 active smashers in Stuttgart itself, but in a 3h drive circle around it there are easily 150+ smashers. The most active cities around are Karlsruhe, Mannheim, Freiburg, Frankfurt and Würzburg. There aren't really any major weeklies, we usually just ask randomly if anyone got time, if we want to play. But there are monthlies in Germersheim and Freiburg.

Jag tycker om att tala svenska, men min svenska är inte mycket bra. Kom gärna till Würzburg (eller jag besöker dig) och lära mig några :FrankerZ:

That's very encouraging, still sorting out my situation here but should be able to start playing again and stuff soon, and I kind of need to figure out the travel system since I lived in a pretty small town prior to this. Is the playerbase only for Melee or for Sm4sh as well? I play both so. Do you have a skype or something, or is there one for the semi-local Smash scene?

Ganska skönt att få se svenska igen, förstår inte ett ord tyska så har ingen aning vad jag gör mesta av tiden.
    • Good morning, sir. There are some great people in the south. The best players in that region are quiK (Darmstadt), Jon_ass (Mainz), Prinz & Kellner (Lörrach), DASH & Mawacate (Karlsruhe). Quite nicely spread characters as well, so you'll get a lot of necessary practice from top 20 players in many many matchups. You'll love it!